Welcome to our February trends blog! A follow up from our January one where we introduced some of the top trends to look out for this year in the world of home design, we will provide you with a guide on how to incorporate these elements into your space. As no two homes are alike, it can be difficult to picture the end result, and how certain trends will work in your unique environment.
With all that being said, our experienced team is extremely knowledgeable when it comes to interior design and architectural trends, so we will break down for you some of the most simple ways you can utilise these popular elements in a timeless and practical way. You can make a big impact by making small changes, rather than completely rehauling your entire design scheme. Here are some tips for your new home:
Easy to adapt trends
1. Earthy colors: Earthy tones will be a big trend in 2023. Think warm, muted tones like terracotta, burnt orange, and forest green. Incorporate these colors into your home with accent walls, tiles and cabinetry.
2. Biophilic design: Biophilic design is all about bringing nature into your home. Consider incorporating natural elements like plants, wood furniture, and stone accents to create a calming and soothing atmosphere; and using open-plan design concepts to open your interior spaces up to your outdoor garden.
3. Sustainability: Sustainability will continue to be popular in 2023. When considering bringing this into your home, you can think about incorporating solar hot water or installing electric sockets for EV’s. This can also be considered for any building you are considering as well, with materials such as James Hardie cement adding an eco-friendly factor.
4. Statement ceilings: Statement ceilings are a great way to add visual interest to a room. Consider painting your ceiling a bold color, working with your trusses to add an architectural feature or bringing in both drama and elegance with cathedral ceilings.
5. Mixed metals: Mixing metals is a fun way to add visual interest and texture to a room. Try combining brass and black metal or copper and silver for a modern, eclectic look. This trend is easy to incorporate into the kitchen, where you can add shiny touches to your cabinetry and tapware.
6. Art deco: Art deco style will be making a comeback in 2023. Capitalise on this trend by adding geometric shapes, metallic accents, and bold patterns to your home.
Balance is key
Remember, trends come and go, so don’t feel like you have to completely overhaul your home to stay on-trend. Incorporate the trends that you love and that fit your personal style, and your home will always feel fresh and updated.
Need help lifting your project off the ground? That’s where Brownhill Homes comes in, with a range of services to suit your architectural needs.
No matter what stage you’re at in your personal home journey, Brownhill Homes welcomes the opportunity to offer support, expert advice, and answer all your home building questions. Get in touch today to find out more.